Skip to main content

My Secrets In Motherhood

  • I smile and laugh a lot with my children even when am sad.
I try to always keep a happy face even when the situation looks bad because this helps me stay positive and not panic.
  • I take and spend quiet times by myself to think as a woman and mother everyday.
I value time spent by myself a lot because its the moment I think and plan for myself, my family and my friends. This moments are also when I pour out my emotions and frustrations by crying.
  • I keep everything simple with my personality.
My everyday choices of being a woman and a busy mother, are made minimal so I am not so overwhelmed with the stresses that comes with motherhood.
  • I admit am not perfect.
When I make mistakes as a woman and a mother, I keep this thought in mind so as not to blame myself so much which might not be emotionally healthy.
  • I always trust my mothering instincts.
I never doubt my maternal instincts and I always search for them for my daily routines.
  • I don't push myself too hard when am tired.
This is one of my go to secrets for my whole family. At times, we find ourselves with a lot of errands to satisfy and complete but I always keep in mind not to push ourselves too much so we can simply relax and enjoy the imperfections of life.
  • Finally, and most importantly I believe and stay true to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghanaian Gari Cake

Gari is dried grated cassava grits popularly eaten in Ghana and also most West African countries. For me, gari is one of the Ghanaian cereals that is always found in my pantry here in Finland. I am crazy for my #Ghanaianglutenfreediet and gari, being gluten-free and really high in fiber just gets me excited with various recipes. This recipe, after my third try finally got written down and happy to share it with you all. Believe this, you will fall in love with Ghanaian dessert also. Below is a surprisingly basic recipe for you to try. Do let me know how it goes in the comment section.   All you need: Serves 4   5 egg whites 50 g sugar 25 g desiccated coconut 80 g gari  1 tsp baking powder 1/2 salt   How to make: Pre-heat oven 175° Get all ingredients ready and measured out Separate egg whites carefully  Whisk egg whites until foamy Add in sugar and whisk until foam has a shine. (You can. at this stage ad...

Ghanaian Tuna And Egg Stew

Tuna and Egg Stew This is a basic tomato stew base and can made with any main ingredients as preferred. Make with vegetables or corned beef is a common meal in Ghana. Hope you enjoy _ All you Need 3-5 tablespoons oil 1 medium size onion 2 garlic gloves 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 tablespoon tomato paste 400g can plum tomatoes 1 canned tuna in oil 1/2 teaspoon each of powdered white pepper, curry spice and nut meg. Salt to taste 2 eggs How to make it 1. Peel and slice onions and add to frying pan(preferably a frying pan with cover) with oil over medium heat. 2. Crush or finely chop garlics and add in. Fry for a minute or two. 3. Add in chili powder and tomato paste. Mix to incorporate well and cook for two minutes stirring occasionally. 4. Next, add in plum tomatoes. With the  stew laddle crush out the big plums or alternative option blend tomatoes and add to pan. 5. Allow to stew to cook 15-20 minutes stiring occasionally as usual. 6. Add in canned tu...

Ghana-style Crispy Fried Chicken

Who ever invented steaming the chicken before frying is a genius in my world. This method of cooking the chicken is simply amazing as the chicken crisps up so perfectly but yet so juicy inside. Personally, I think this recipe is a crowd pleasing one for any occasion. Not to mention how stress free it is to make. Hope you enjoy it as much as I always do and so does my little ones. All you need: Serves 3 9 pieces chicken thighs/drumsticks 30 g fresh ginger or more if you love ginger like myself 3 garlic cloves 1 pepper(optional) 1 bay leaf 1 onion 1/2 tsp ground aniseed Salt Oil for frying How to make it Clean chicken and add into a saucepan ready. Blend together all the spice ingredients with  a little amount of water and salt to taste. Mixture should be thick and loose but not too runny. Add mixture to chicken and stir to cover meat fully. Cover saucepan and place over medium heat. Allow the steam to build up and cook chicken for 10 minutes stirrin...