Sobolo Ghanaian Bissap Drink



I adapted to this version of my Ghanaian sobolo  because I haven't found the fresh or dried bissap/roselle leaves in my locality yet. I used Hibiscus tea for this recipes and its as close as the original bissap/roselle, and hibiscus is actually from the same genus of flowers. I really loved this and have been stuck to it since. Enjoy.


All you need

1 cup of water
2 inch size fresh ginger
1 inch size cinnamon stick
2-5 fresh cloves not grounded
5-7 fresh mint leaves
2 bags of hibiscus tea
2 teaspoon honey
Extra ingredients
Ice cubes/frozen strawberries
Cucumber/lemon/mint leaves for garnishing.

How to make
Put first five items together and bring to a boil. No need to peel the ginger just wash it.
Allow to boil for 8-10 minutes.
Take off heat, put in hibiscus tea bag and add honey.
Leave to cool down completely, sieve and serve over ice cubes/frozen strawberries.
Garnish with cucumber stripes, lemon or fresh mint leaves.


                                 ENJOY


Comments

Popular Posts