Finnish Rutabaga Frittata

I really love it when recipes I keep trying finally works out. I am all about easy, simple, and quick yet healthy and delicious meals. This is my take on one of Finland's most loved food ingredients, Lanttu. It's delicious and so versatile just like most of my Ghanaian foods ingredients. Give it a try and hope you love it also .
Recipe
All you need
2 tbsp olive oil
120g grated lanttu/rutabaga/swede
2 eggs, beaten
1-2 spring onion, sliced
5-6 sage leaves, roughly chopped
10g /2 tablespoons cheddar, grated
How to make it
In a small non-stick frying pan, heat oil over a medium heat. Add grated rutabaga then fry until beginning to crisp, about 4 mins.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, spring onions, sage and some seasoning. I used just salt because I wanted to maintain the sweet flavours of the rutabaga.
Heat the grill.
Pour the eggs into frying pan, mix quickly, lower the heat, and sprinkle over cheese.
After about 4 mins, once the top side has almost set, and the cheese starts to melt, pop under the grill for 2 mins or until firm and golden.
Slide out of the pan. Eat straight away.

Comments

Popular Posts