My Ghana Jollof (why You must eat Ghana Jollof)

The recipe is my mother's. I recall how she always made sure her Jollof was always light and fluffy.
As a child growing up, Jollof was cooked only during special occasions like birthdays, vacation parties at school (our day as we say it in Ghana), family occasions like naming ceremonies, family meetings and other festivities.
In my family, Jollof was more than a good meal to be eaten during occasions. It was a tradition. A tradition where my mother always cooked Jollof every new year. Watching her cook with so much passion and grace is something I try to remember when I'm cooking my Ghana Jollof today as a mother myself.
When I once asked for the recipe (during my high school days as I was studying Food science then), her reply was to send me to the market to buy some food stuffs. Upon returning she asked me to make fire, and then she begun to cook Jollof with me. Telling me about all the ingredients and the stages of cooking the Perfect Jollof.
I remember her saying, "never leave your jollof unattended. Always keep watching and stir with a fork". I wondered why back then. Now, cooking my Jollof almost every week at home just confirms the importance of her rules. And that is what makes my Jollof the best.
The ingredients of my Jollof recipe is a tradition handed down to me. I have simply modified the method of preparation to save time and make it easy for busy mothers like myself. I cook my Ghana Jollof always with her words in my head and her smile on my face.

This is what makes my Ghana Jollof different and special.

The Perfect Ghana Jollof

Comments

  1. Please can we have the recipe for your jollof?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,thanks so much for the request. I'm actually surprise and happy for your request because I'm actually working on recipe and would post as soon as possible.Thanks again.

      Delete
    2. I also posted a quick Jollof recipe here already... hope you give that a try also.

      Delete
    3. I also posted a quick Jollof recipe here already... hope you give that a try also.

      Delete
    4. Hi,thanks so much for the request. I'm actually surprise and happy for your request because I'm actually working on recipe and would post as soon as possible.Thanks again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts