Mifu Stew (Ghanaian inspired)

I have been on a no carbohydrates meal plan for almost 2 weeks. It's been quiet challenging with my eight months old baby boy but thankfully my husband has been very helpful with preparing the rights meals.
Today I wanted something quick to eat whilst feeding my boy.

Found this new product, Mifú in the fridge, something we bought just to try.
Mifú, according to what I have read is a high protein product made from pasteurised non fat milk protein. It can be used in every aspects of using meat or chicken instead when cooking. From omelette to pies etc.

So to cook something really quick for lunch, of course my Ghanaian thought was stew and I was so surprised how it blended well with my Ghanaian spices.

Since I am on a new meal plan I ate mine with some grated carrot and zucchini, but this recipe will be the perfect match for boiled plain rice with no doubt.

Give it a try and enjoy.

All you need

3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 medium size onion
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 garlic gloves
250g crushed can tomatoes
330g of Mifú/1 package
1 vegetable stock cube
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
Salt to taste.

How to make it

Slice and fry onions in coconut oil for a minute.
Add in chili powder and chopped garlic.
Stir fry for a minute and add in crushed tomatoes.
Stir to mix, cover, lower the heat and allow to cook for 7-10 minutes.
Remove lid and add Mifú. Stir and add in spices.
Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Check for salt and enjoy with boiled rice.

Comments

Popular Posts