Delicious Okro Stir-Fry


Making and creating simple and yet delicious, Ghanaian inspired dishes brings me absolute joy. My passion for food led me into becoming a professional chef so I can showcase my foods to a wider community around the world.

For me, cooking is always fun and even therapeutic, so I am open to trying recipes and mostly enjoy eating them. Most of our Ghanaian recipes are drenched in fat, over cooked and not so much respect is given to the healthy ingredients. As part of my chef journey, I aim to also develop from traditional Ghanaian recipes into modern and accessible recipes.

If you want to be on a personal mission for African/Ghanaian recipes but not with the usual hustle that comes with it, then join me on this journey together as we explore Ghanaian dishes  and Ghanaian inspired healthy, buzz free recipes and meals.

Below is one of my favourite ways of cooking okro. Okro is one of the highly underrated and usually over cooked ingredients in Ghana. It has many healthy benefits but I love them for their versatility.


For this recipe, you will need

1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
200 g Okro
10 cherry /plum tomatoes
1/2 inch grated fesh ginger
1/2 crushed garlic glove
Salt
Basil leaves

Start by frying cloves, rosemary and chili flakes in hot oil for a minute.

Add in chopped or sliced okro and fry for 10 minutes stirring occasinally.

Then add in the the rest of ingrdients ad fry for another 5 minutes.

Check for salt, add chopped basil , serve immediately and enjoy on its own or as a side dish.


Comments

Popular Posts