No Eggs Plantain Waffles

  

I love plantains and most importantly, I love exploring with them in all sense of recipes. 

Personally, I have about 5 recipes for making #plantainwaffles. But this recipe is what my children always eats without fussing. 

Over ripe plantains just like bananas are naturally sweet hence, no need for sugar in this recipe. Also due to the high starch content in plantains, you won't need eggs for this recipe either. I used maize flour instead of wheat in making these waffles, so this recipe is wholly gluten free and vegan.

Therefore this should work for all who aren't familiar with African ingredients as it's simple to make and equally delicious. 


Ps. My sincere apologies for the unformatted arrangement of photos. I'm a bit of a rebel in following rules'. 

I hope they help you get the overall idea of how simple it is to make these #plantainwaffles   
                                                                                                                               



For this recipe, you'll need; 
2 ripe plantains
1/3 cup vegetable or seed oil
1/4 cup maize flour
1/2 teaspoon salt




Simply add and blender together all ingredients into a smooth paste, saving about a teaspoon oil for greasing the waffle machine.

Make waffle in batches. This recipe makes about 6 waffles. Enjoy with some fried chicken, vegetable stew or simply with some #shitor / #Shito



Comments

Popular Posts